For years, The McNaught Law Firm provides services for Modifications of existing Divorce Decrees. These include modifications: to adjust Child Support, Access to Children, Possession of and visitation with the Children related to Divorces in Boerne, Kerrville, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Hill Country, in Kendall, Bexar, Comal and Kerr Counties.

A Motion to Modify is the way to change an existing Order that involves:

  • Family law
  • custody
  • child support
  • visitation with the children
  • medical expense reimbursement
  • relocation
  • Geographic restrictions
  • parenting related provisions in previous Orders.

Both parents are legally bound by the terms of a Final Decree or Order Affecting the Parent Child relationship until a Judge approves a modification of that Order. Typically there must be a substantial change in circumstances before a Judge will sign a Order for Modification. Often parents will agree to a change. Otherwise a parent must file a Motion to Modify Orders and show a change in circumstances. The new Orders must be in the Best Interests of the Children.